• So, I’m a HUGE fan of your Moonlight Rogues Series! But I haven’t read your other series YET, but i do own them! Tell us a little about your books…
Thank you! 😀 Moonlight Rogues has a truly special place in my heart! I’ve always been a bit of a nomad when it comes to genres, so I’ve written a bit of everything. Almost.
My Avalon Chronicles series is a fantasy romance series based on the Arthurian legend, and it follows the Lady of the Lake as she’s reincarnated into the modern world, with no memory of her past. Aside from the storyline itself, the main highlight of this series is Alistair; he’s a demon dog, protector of the enchantress and takes the form of a massive Caucasian Shepherd. With my love for dogs, it was impossible not to write him in 😀
My other series, The Sage’s Legacy, is a young adult urban fantasy saga about two teenagers who are chosen by the gods of Ancient Egypt to save the world in its time of need. I had tons of fun with this one because each book takes place in a different country (all I’ve visited!), as Freya and Brennan face different challenges.
I’ve also written some standalone novels, notably my romance suspense Blood Ties, Love Binds, and my novella Unconditional Love! The next genre I’m aiming to tackle is thriller 😜
• Oh yes, I have read Love Ties, Love Binds and it is a wonderful romance suspense!!
- But now I need to ask, what is your favorite book that you have written?
That’s HARD! As a writer, I can’t help it – I put a bit of me inside each book. So picking one of all of them feels almost… disloyal. But I will say, the one book of mine I’ve read for pure enjoyment multiple times, has been First to Fall. Something about Dominic and his Romanian roots really speaks to me 😍 It’s funny, because for the longest time I refused to write paranormal romances, especially wolf stories, because of all the hype and overdone of the subject. But with the Rogues, well…they were simply irresistible 🙂
- You’re not the first author to have answered that way. Each and every book you write has something of yourself inside. I loved First To Fall right away, because first, I LOVE werewolves, but also this is a very different kind of werewolf book. The parts about Romania, and legends of Transylvania are so very unique!!
- I should state here that Alexa has put First To Fall on SALE for FREE!!! Yes, you heard me correctly…FREE!!!! FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME, THROUGH FEBRUARY 16, 2019!!! So go get yours NOW!!!!!
- CLICK HERE ➡️AMAZON ⬅️
- Ok, now, how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing since I was 12. The Dragon Medallion was actually my first completed book, followed by The Dragon Manuscript and Blood Ties, Love Binds. These, I’d all finished by the time I was 16. I was going through a lot of personal family stuff at the time, and writing became an escape. I’d always loved reading, of course, but somehow not even the other worlds captured me enough to give me peace of mind. Writing did that, though, and helped me discover my true path. Still, I didn’t go at it full-on quite then. It took university and a break from writing for me to really get back into it, and take the step to publish 🙂
- Wow, so you started writing at a very young age.
- What is your favorite & least favorite point of view; first, second, third?
Argh, what’s with the hard questions 😂 I’ve never written in 2nd POV, and I don’t imagine I ever will. I favor 3rd (both my Avalon and Sage series, as well as my standalone novels are written in 3rd), except when it comes to my wolves… Those, they have very distinct voices that need to come out in 1st 😂
• What comes first, the character or the plot?
For me? Characters. I’ve never been much of a planner, and sometimes, yes, that’s a bad thing. Take Avalon. Originally, it started from a dream. I had a vivid scene in my head of Vivienne meeting Sébastien in the modern world, and dreaming of the past they’d had together with her as a princess and enchantress, and Merlin teaching her, etc. The scene was so vivid, I couldn’t get it out of my head for days on end. So I gave in and started writing some more scenes, but they were all focused on the characters. At that point, I had no idea where the plot was going or what their motivation was. All I knew were the distinct voices popping up everywhere – Alistair, Merlin… All of them became SO big, that one story couldn’t contain them anymore, and thus the 1 book became a series 😂 Of course, that hasn’t stopped. Alistair’s own voice is so strong, he’s actually getting his own novella haha. For me, that’s what it’s all about. Taking a journey with the characters. Learning who they are as the story develops – as they develop it.
- I like that. I’m a very character driven reader, and I notice that now that I’ve started writing, it’s the characters I start with. Ok, next question!
- What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
”A person’s reaction to an action you take is not a reflection on you, it’s a reflection on them.”
A really good friend told me this one day at work. I’d been having a really bad day, with loads of people getting mad and needing someone to blame for no reason. I took some of that personally, and that’s when she gave me this piece of advice. It’s really helped me become aware of that, so now whenever people try to dump their reactions on me, I can remove myself from the situation and not deal with that stress.
- Really great advice for ANY of us to remember!!
- Do you have any advice for those of us who are aspiring authors?
Write, write, and write some more. It’ll be bad at first, or maybe it won’t. But you only know it if you WRITE. Every spare minute you have, do it. Don’t watch Netflix. Don’t flick through social media. Schedule yourself time every day and WRITE.
- This is SUCH GOOD advice!! I know in my trying to write, all I want to do is sit down and write that story that has been floating around in my head for so long, those characters that have been nagging at me. But everything and everyone seems to get in the way!!! But I guess you have to buy out the time to do it!
- So, what are you working on now? Or is it a secret?
Ha…. No secret at all! On my website, I have a News & Events page showing what you can expect of me this year 🙂 https://www.alexawhitewolf.com/news-and-events
To summarize it, right now I’m juggling 4 stories and will have 2 more in fall. Moonlight Rogues #3 and #4 are, of course, part of the list! I also have another novella to finish, this one following Alistair (from Avalon Chronicles) to his happily ever after (I think! I never know with this one 😂Fallen gods and demon lords are tricky!). Two thrillers are on the list, but I’ll be happy if I even manage one! And last, there’s another story that’s been dear to my heart that I’m hoping to finish called Blazing in a Storm of Ashes 😀 More information at (http://www.alexawhitewolf.com/coming-soon
Ah, perhaps less flashy than all those projects is working on marketing. As an indie author, this is a huge part of our lives, and quite possibly what I hate most! So that’s also taking up a lot of my free time, plus a little surprise I’m planning to release before summer (hopefully). The only hint I’m giving for this is that it’s related to shopping!
- WOW!!! So LOTS to look forward to from you!!! Thanks for those links, those are great to keep bookmarked so we can check up on what’s going on! MARKETING…funny, I hear all the other indie authors love it!! Har har! 😂 I can understand hating that aspect. But this surprise has me intrigued!! It’s related to shopping, and who doesn’t love shopping when it’s book related?! I guess we’ll have to keep an eye on your website and media pages for that!!
- So now, next question…Who is your favorite author?
I love too many!!!! James Rollins and J.K.Rowling are my fave in their genres, as are P.C. Cast (her Goddess series is AMAZING), Kirsten Ashley (her Rock Chicks series!!!) and Anne Robillard (a French-Canadian author, her Knights of Emerald got me through primary and secondary school!)! I’m also a big fan of loads of indie authors – so much talent out there!!!! Some names off the top of my head: Candace Robinson, Eldon Farrell, India R. Adams! 🤔 There’s tons of others haha I just can’t think when I get asked this question!!
- There’s some great authors there! A couple I’m not sure I’m familiar with, those I’ll have to check out. I was glad to see you mentioned some Indie authors. I’ve read more indie authors lately that are exceptional.
- Now, what other hobbies do you have?
Pets. Hiking. Reading. Languages. Coffee.Travel.
Not necessarily in that order 😂 Spending times with my dogs is a must for any day, and I love fluffy creatures! Last year I got into hiking, and that has opened up a totally new world of possibilities for me!!! Reading is something I still enjoy when I find the free time! I also speak five languages (English, Romanian, French, Spanish and Italian) and am trying to learn at least another five before I get old and grey! And travel, well 😂 the blog on my website speaks for itself!
I’ve also recently, due to my own personal experiences and work experiences, gotten really interested in mental health. It’s even started creeping into my writing (the wolf in my 2nd Moonlight Rogues book, Tristan, has PTSD) and I’ve done a guest post on The Writer’s Cookbook on the topic! (https://www.writerscookbook.com/mental-health-productivity/)
- That’s incredible that you know that many languages, and are learning more!! Call me impressed!! Your 2nd Moonlight Rogues book, Second To Surrender, where Tristan has PTSD was SO GOOD and you really did a great job portraying how someone with that mental disorder really suffers!! Such a great series!!
- Ok, so now how can people find/connect with you on social media?
I’m up on pretty much most of the sites, but I can’t promise to be always on 😂 I hate my phone and social media drains me on a GOOD day! Nonetheless, I find it super useful for interacting with fans so you can find me:
on my website: http://www.alexawhitewolf.com
You can also add me on GR or follow me on Amazon 🙂
And for those SUPER fans who want to keep up with my writing, I have a newsletter that you can sign up for, and you’ll get Unconditional Love for free when you do 🙂